Uttar Pradesh: At least 13 killed as cylinder blast triggers building collapse in Mau, several trapped
VARANASI: At least 13 people were killed while six others suffered injuries when two buildings collapsed in Validpur area in Mau district in Uttar Pradesh following a blast in an LPG cylinder early on Monday. Officials said the building belonged to one Chhotu Badhai.
District magistrate Mau, Gyan Prakash Tripathi, who was present at the spot where the incident took place said that 12 bodies had reached the mortuary and six injured had been admitted to a hospital.
赶赴事发现场的Mau区行政长官Gyan Prakash Tripathi表示，已将12具尸体运达停尸房，6名伤者已被送往医院
Later in the day, the toll rose to 13.
The incident occurred when a woman tried to ignite an LPG stove in one of the kitchens in the building leading to a fire in the gas cylinder.
On seeing the fire spreading rapidly, some people present at a tea kiosk in the neighbourhood rushed into the building to douse the flames.
Before they could succeed in their bit, the cylinder exploded and the three-storey building collapsed. Apart from six women and girls of Badhai's family, all the persons who entered the building got trapped under the debris.
Upon hearing the sound of explosion, hundreds of locals started rescue operation even before the police arrived.
shivprakash gupta3 hours ago
LPG has reached many house hold,, but training on safely using the LPG stove & cylinder is not...every LPG user should be given proper safety and precaution trainig before handing over the connection to avoid such tragedy...May the lost lives rest in peace...
Devinder SoniGurugram3 hours ago
Is it right for a CM to offer lip sympthy on every mishap ?
Om OneBharat3 hours ago
RIP this highlights are old problem Safety compliance of the Building as Well as cylinder. When there is earthquake at Scale of around 4.3 still We will find our buildings going down.
NLocation3 hours ago
shocking incident . R I P for victims and condolences to bereaved families .
the way delivery men and other labours handle cylinders will stop hearts . horror of horrors . companies must conduct random checks
SeshadrinathanBengaluru3 hours ago
donot have knowledge about preliminary usages.
Proud Indian2 hours ago
How cheap is life of people in our country there is nothing called safety and security of people
Subhendu Panda2 hours ago
proper and regular training and checking by the LPG supplier is to be mandatory. Sometime casual approach by people invite such type of tragedies.
TaraNew Delhi3 hours ago
People are careless in habdling LPG gas. Loose connection, wornout tube faulty stove and crumbliing space make it dangerous.
HappyTimes Userkolkata3 hours ago
Manish Gupta4 hours ago
Very sad incident, RIP
Hindu yodhaNG1 hours ago
every one must know, if you use cylider, keep window open at least partially.
PS Kumar2 hours ago
In India, the cooking gas coming inside a cylinder which is like a bomb. People are not trained to handle any immediate situation. The cylinder if caught fire, there is a way to immediately douse it, but no one knows, and with fear people just run away.
HappyTimes User3 hours ago
Ali3 hours ago
All were BJP supporters
Evans SumitraNew York, USA.3 hours ago
A very sad incident. May the souls of the deceased RIP. May those trapped in the collapsed building are rescued as soon as possible.
Subhankar Bose4 hours ago
Death is inevitable. May they go to ...
Nilendu SarkarDurgapur19 minutes ago